Here you find the FORTRAN77 code and of my paper “TURBO: a dynamic-probabilistic simulation to study the effects of bioturbation on paleoceanographic time series” published in the Elsevier journal Computers & Geosciences.
Download the Original FORTRAN77 Code (1998)
Download the FORTRAN77 to be used with GFORTRAN (2021)
Please use this link to download the code slightly modified to run with a recent (2021) version of gfortran 11.1 for BigSur (macOS 11) Intel to be downloaded using this link. Follow the following steps to use the bioturbation simulation TURBO together with the sampling simulation TEST:
- Download and install gfortran 11.1 on your Mac.
- Download the FORTRAN77 code of TURBO and TEST together with the input files TURBOCON, TURBODAT, TURBOINP and TESTCON using the link above, delete the output files TURBORES, TESTABU and TESTISO.
- The files TURBO.f and TEST.f contain the FORTRAN77 code. The files TURBO and TEST without file extension .f are compiled versions of the FORTRAN77 code. Please check whether you can run those compiled versions or you need to compile your own versions using the commands in the Terminal.app of your Mac:
gfortran TURBO.f -o TURBO gfortran TEST.f -o TEST
- Now you can run TURBO using the command
- You will get the TURBORES file that is used to run TEST using the command
- You will get the output files TESTABU and TESTISO from this.
Please read Trauth (1998) for a detailed desription of the simulation, the FORTRAN code and the various files.
Please note that there is a MATLAB version of this simulation but without using probability matrices (Trauth, 2013). This version of TURBO has been described in several blog posts entitled MATLAB-Based Simulation of Bioturbation, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4.
Trauth, M.H. (1998) TURBO: a dynamic-probabilistic simulation to study the effects of bioturbation on paleoceanographic time series. Computers and Geosciences, 24(5), 433-441. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0098-3004(98)00019-3
Trauth, M.H. (2013) TURBO2: A MATLAB simulation to study the effects of bioturbation on paleoceanographic time series. Computers and Geosciences, 61, 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2013.05.003